Monday, June 1, 2009

WRP Roars Gently (1975)

Workers Vanguard No 84 (7 November 1975)

Healyite Slander, Hypocrisy and Cowardice

The WRP Roars Gently

Bottom: Let me play the lion too. I will roar that I will do any man's heart good to hear me; I will roar that I will make the Duke say, "Let him roar again, let him roar again."

Quince: An you should do it too terribly, you would fright the Duchess and the ladies, that they would shriek; and that were enough to hang us all...

Bottom: I grant you friends, if you should fright the ladies out of their wits, they would have no more discretion but to hang us. But I will aggravate my voice so that I will roar you as gently as any sucking dove, I will roar you an 'twere any nightingale.
- A Midsummer Night's Dream; Act 1, Scene 2

"For 35 years Hansen has assiduously developed the myth of his titanic services to Trotsky as a guard in Coyoacan.
"This myth has been shattered forevever with the publication of 'Security and the Fourth International.'
"Evidence presented by the IC shows that Hansen did not even see to it that the guards charged with the defense of Trotsky's life were properly trained in marksmanship."
- Bulletin, 24 October
"The Workers Revolutionary Party is a legal Political Party which carries out work publicly in the Labour and Trade Union Movement in addition to contesting Parliamentary elections. It is completely opposed in principle to terrorism and to the possession or use of firearms or explosives. Any member of the party found with firearms or explosives would be expelled."
- Workers Press, 4 October